When it comes to the newest member of your family, you want the very best. Babies have delicate skin that is thinner and more sensitive than our own. So, you’ll want to use skin care products that are gentle on your baby’s skin. Many parents choose Goat Milk Soap. It is gentle enough for the most sensitive skin, has incredible moisturizing properties, and is made from only all-natural ingredients.
Goat Milk Soap Vs. Store Bought Soap
There are many commercial skin care products and soaps that are marketed for use on babies’ skin. Parents know to avoid adult shampoos and body washes on their newborns and young babies. Adult cleansing products are typically stronger and have added scents and fragrances that can sting babies’ eyes. But have you looked at the ingredients on newborn and baby skin care products?
A typical bottle of commercial baby shampoo or body wash contains ingredients such as Decyl Glucoside, Lauryl Glucoside, Sodium cocoyl isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine—and more. These are chemical detergents and foaming agents that can cause dry skin, irritation, rashes, and even baby eczema. Goat Milk Soap does not contain alcohols, dyes, chemicals, synthetic additives, or fragrances. It is only made from 100% all-natural ingredients that you can easily identify.
Goat Milk Soap For Baby Eczema
Baby eczema (Atopic dermatitis) is a common occurrence. It does not necessarily indicate a life-long chronic skin condition, though. Baby eczema is often outgrown. In the meantime, parents can avoid triggers that cause eczema flare-ups. Two of the biggest triggers are irritants and low moisture. Applying harsh commercial soaps with chemical detergents that strip the skin of its natural moisture, PH balance, and protective barrier can exacerbate baby eczema and prevent it from clearing.
Goat Milk Soap, on the other hand, retains the skin’s natural PH balance, loads it with natural moisturizers, and leaves the skin’s protective barrier in place. Goat Milk Soap is one of the first alternatives that parents turn to when they realize that skin care products are causing—or triggering—their baby’s eczema! Switching to a Goat Milk Soap can reduce eczema irritations, calm flare-ups, and help repair your baby’s damaged skin.
Benefits Of Goat Milk Soap For Babies
Goats Milk Soap is a fantastic choice for babies’ skin for many reasons! Let’s look at some of the top benefits your baby’s skin gains when you switch to all-natural Goat Milk Soap.
- Goat Milk Soap is hypoallergenic, making it a perfect choice for newborns, babies with allergies (or who come from families with known allergies), or sensitive skin.
- Goat Milk Soap has a rich, creamy lather without the need for chemical foaming agents to get that “sudsy” look and feel. The cream in Goat Milk Soap also makes for a luxurious washing experience, leaving your baby’s skin soft and silky smooth.
- Goat Milk Soap has naturally-occurring glycerin that leaves a thin (non-greasy) layer behind to lock in moisture for long-lasting hydration. This helps prevent dryness, scaling, and itchiness.
- Goat Milk Soap has high levels of Vitamin E that act as yet another powerful moisturizer to soothe and protect dry skin and provide long-lasting hydration.
- Goat Milk Soap has PH levels similar to that found on human skin. Maintaining a properly balanced PH level on the skin is particularly important for babies as it helps fight diaper rash, eczema, and baby acne.
- The anti-inflammatory properties in Goat Milk Soap calm redness associated with acne, eczema, diaper rash, and other inflamed skin.
- Our skin is the largest organ on our body. We absorb what we put on our skin into our bodies. Goat Milk Soap is loaded with nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, proteins, and lipids. These are easily absorbed to help support and maintain healthy skin for your baby.
How To Use Goat Milk Soap For Babies
Using Goat Milk Soap for babies is very simple. For newborns, starting with an Unscented Goat Milk Soap for the first 6 months is a great idea. You can use the bar soap for hair washing as well as body washing! As your baby grows—and you get to know their little bodies and any potential sensitivities—you can start to branch out with mild scents such as Lavender Goat Milk Soap. In addition to our Unscented Goat Milk Lotion, we also offer a Goat Milk Lotion Bedtime Babe with the soothing scents of lavender and chamomile. All of our Goat Milk Soaps and Lotions are safe for the entire body!
Check out our collection of Goat Milk Soaps!